Milton»Forums
Ginger Bill
222 posts / 3 projects
I am ginger thus have no soul.
Windows Defender is treating the exe as a virus.
Edited by Ginger Bill on
I cannot download and use the installer for Milton 1.1.0. Everytime I download it, Windows Defender detects a "virus". Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, is there a reason to why it needs an installer? Can there be a standalone version?
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
Interesting. My Windows Defender is fine with that installer.
If it is not virus, you can simply ignore the warning and allow to execute the file. Right?
Connor
52 posts
It's been so long ;)
Mine didn't have that problem either. I'm fairly sure that Milton is not a virus though :P.
Mikkel
57 posts
So you're probably here to find some information about what I've done, what I am doing and what sort of person I am right? well... Good luck!
I haven't had that problem either...
Ginger Bill
222 posts / 3 projects
I am ginger thus have no soul.
I physically cannot download it as Windows Defender removes it straight away. I wonder why it does it...
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
If you open Windows defender there is History tab where you can click "View Details" and restore detect "viruses".
Sergio González
35 posts / 1 project
I'm working on Milton, a paint program with infinite canvas. My mom thinks I'm awesome.
Sorry to hear about your problem =(

There is no particular reason for there to be an installer other than the workflow of the average Windows user. I will include a standalone zip for the next release.
Mikkel
57 posts
So you're probably here to find some information about what I've done, what I am doing and what sort of person I am right? well... Good luck!
A standalone ZIP option would be awesome!