Milton » Forums » Shader compilation error
lucastakejame
2 posts
#15474 Shader compilation error
2 weeks ago Edited by lucastakejame on June 3, 2018, 9:59 p.m. Reason: Initial post

I got a shader compilation error when tried to open the .exe on Milton_1.5.1_Standalone_x64 .
I'm using a Windows 7
mrmixer
Simon Anciaux
382 posts
#15488 Shader compilation error
1 week, 6 days ago

I don't know if serge_rgb comes here often. The help page on the Milton site has an e-mail, you might get a faster reply there. One possible problem would be that your hardware doesn't support OpenGL 3.2, which is the minimum version required for Milton (from this posts near the end).
serge_rgb
Sergio González
34 posts
1 project

I'm working on Milton, a paint program with infinite canvas. My mom thinks I'm awesome.

#15505 Shader compilation error
1 week, 5 days ago

Hey. Thanks for posting. Probably the best place to report Milton errors is on the github page.

I recently made some changes to GL loading code and Milton should work on way more hardware now if you check out the master branch. I haven't made a release in a long while. I'm waiting to rehash the UI before I do a release. I don't think the latest changes will fix your problem, but it might give you more useful error messages in any case. I'm assuming you're a technical person as this is the handmade network site, but let me know if you that's not correct

lucastakejame
2 posts
#15533 Shader compilation error
1 week ago

Thanks Mrmixer and Serge for your responses. I'm a programmer too but I had only tried the executable, cause I was a little reluctant of installing VS15 and in fact my hardware is old (nvidia NVS 5400m), so I wasn't very hopeful.
Anyway I tried the compilation now and I was able to get an exe.
But now I an error message saying im missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll (and after I got that, missing l1-2-1...).

Soon I'll have a new computer and probably it will run without this issues, but for now that's whats holding me
mmozeiko
Mārtiņš Možeiko
1688 posts
1 project
#15538 Shader compilation error
6 days, 21 hours ago

Those dll's come from Universal CRT Runtime: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48234