Milton»Forums
2 posts
Shader compilation error
Edited by lucastakejame on Reason: Initial post
I got a shader compilation error when tried to open the .exe on Milton_1.5.1_Standalone_x64 .
I'm using a Windows 7
Simon Anciaux
1341 posts
Shader compilation error
I don't know if serge_rgb comes here often. The help page on the Milton site has an e-mail, you might get a faster reply there. One possible problem would be that your hardware doesn't support OpenGL 3.2, which is the minimum version required for Milton (from this posts near the end).
Sergio González
35 posts / 1 project
I'm working on Milton, a paint program with infinite canvas. My mom thinks I'm awesome.
Shader compilation error
Hey. Thanks for posting. Probably the best place to report Milton errors is on the github page.

I recently made some changes to GL loading code and Milton should work on way more hardware now if you check out the master branch. I haven't made a release in a long while. I'm waiting to rehash the UI before I do a release. I don't think the latest changes will fix your problem, but it might give you more useful error messages in any case. I'm assuming you're a technical person as this is the handmade network site, but let me know if you that's not correct

2 posts
Shader compilation error
Thanks Mrmixer and Serge for your responses. I'm a programmer too but I had only tried the executable, cause I was a little reluctant of installing VS15 and in fact my hardware is old (nvidia NVS 5400m), so I wasn't very hopeful.
Anyway I tried the compilation now and I was able to get an exe.
But now I an error message saying im missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll (and after I got that, missing l1-2-1...).

Soon I'll have a new computer and probably it will run without this issues, but for now that's whats holding me
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2568 posts / 2 projects
Shader compilation error
Those dll's come from Universal CRT Runtime: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48234